Do you love elephants and would you like to take care of one? Learn how to be a mahout!
Once you are involved with an elephant, you have to be involved with their mahout, the elephant caretaker. Mahouts stay with their elephant all the time to take care of them. By participating in our mahout program you will help the mahout with taking care of an elephant. You do this by feeding the elephant, bathing the elephant in the river, observing the elephant’s behaviour and making sure the elephant is healthy.
This is a unique and unforgettable experience and will give you a glance in the life of being a mahout!
By participating in our mahout program you will:
- Learn about the Asian elephants
- Enjoy close contact with elephants and take care of 1 elephant during your stay
- Learn the elephant commands
- Feed the elephant and gather food for the elephant (by cutting banana trees or grass, preparing sticky rice and unloading trucks with elephant food)
- Clean the elephant’s area
- Experience Thai culture and the mahout life
Bear in mind that being a mahout is hard work, but it is a very rewarding job!
- 1 Week
- 20,000 THB (7 days, 6 nights)
- 2 Weeks
- 40,000 THB (14 days, 13 nights)
- 3 Weeks
- 60,000 THB (21 days, 20 nights)
- 4 Weeks
- 75,000 THB (28 days, 27 nights)
- Transport to and from the city of Kanchanaburi, breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinking water, coffee and tea, two mahout T-shirts, accommodation, a mahout certificate.
- Age limit
- Only for participants 18 years and older
You have the possibility to pay the program by creditcard (Visa, MasterCard, JCB and Union Pay) or cash. Payment will take place when you arrive at ElephantsWorld. We do not use Paypal.
* Unfortunately, if you leave the program early we cannot give you a refund.
* Please enter the preferred length of stay in the “Comments and questions” field of the booking form.